In order to support society and health, nutritional guidelines are created and communicated to all Americans. Three of the these guidelines are the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, MyPlate and nutrition labels on food.
Week 3 questions:
- What is the rationale behind these guidelines? Why were these guidelines developed?
- What are some of the specific recommendations outlined in the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines?
- What information should you be looking for on nutrition labels to help you decide if a product is a healthy choice? Why is this information important to look at?
- Explain what MyPlate is. How would you utilize MyPlate in planning meals?
- Do most Americans follow these guidelines? Why or why not?
- After you reviewed these guidelines, did they change any nutritional choices you made? How and why did they change your choices or if they did not change your choices, why not? Explain and provide specific examples to support your response.